Transcontinental seeded couch, represents a generation of improved turf quality, colour and performance over common couches.
With improved cold tolerance for winter survival, Transcontinental allows for quality couchgrass performance in both hot, humid and cooler temperate climates of Australia.
In independent ANTEP trials carried out in Melbourne, Transcontinental was one of the fastest establishing seeded couches. Germinating six days after sowing and showing excellent vigour during its establishment, Transcontinental is an excellent choice over more expensive vegetative and seeded couches.
Due to seed certification and quarantine requirements of Tasmania, seed brought loose by the kilogram is not able to be sent to Tasmania.
Key features of Transcontinental
- Fast establishment – Transcontinental is rapid out of the ground giving you fast coverage of your field or lawn, allowing a quick turnaround back to enjoying sport or play
- Drought tolerant – Having reduced water use, Transcontinental allows you to save on costly watering and water bills compared to cool season grasses
Key benefits of Transcontinental
- Cost effective – Transcontinental couch is not as highly priced as some other couch varieties which allows your money to go further or be put into important inputs such as fertiliser
Recommended surfaces for Transcontinental
Use Transcontinental for improved turf quality in various settings:
- Golf course tees, fairways and roughs
- Sports fields
- Home lawns
- All large turf areas / parks
- Erosion control
- Roadsides / reclamation