Welcome to your Superintendent
Using Superintendent was always intended to be simple, accessible, dependable and yours. When you initially log in, you are presented with your own dashboard where access is made to your account details and Superintendent.
Want to see it in action? Watch this quick video below:
Here is a breakdown of how it all works:
- Orders gives you access to your purchase history, yes we hang on this for you too, it makes it easier to recall products and comparisons.
- Subscriptions keeps you keep track and updated with your subscription status.
- My Plans is where you save your short cut, for fast access of your plans and current products with your subscription.
- Addresses are the subscribers’ or account holders billing and shipping addresses for convenient updating
- Account Details is the subscribers name and security, for easy password access.
Your Superintendent Timeline
You will see on your own timeline small cells adjacent to the products on your plan, each cell represents one week. I have found week increments are more user friendly with scheduling and easier planning around. Rather than planning to a specific date which is almost all cases not necessary nor possible due to weather and commitments/life. We need to be able to easily identify and forecast when the next application is due at a glance and the moment we make an application.
There are coloured squares we have put on your plan with a pencil logo, they are not random this is an approximation of where you should be apply the respective product. Entering detail is as simple as touching your device at that point or clicking a mouse. A popup with the recommended date appears (Logically in most cases we will make this Saturday of the week its in which is the end of the recommended week). You can apply that application to Sunday, any other day (or week for that matter), in case holidays or bad weather in the way. The current week is highlighted green for ease of tracking and Superintendent has the smarts to recalculate to the date you applied the product. There is also a notes section, use this to take specific notes on that particular application such as application rate, if you did something different, comment whatever you like, it is there for your records in the future.
On saving your application you will find it calculates and loads a gradient of diminishing colour following the application, time to reapply is when is clear.
We have already forecast your product so next application it should be close or due. In some granular fertilising instances, we might recommend “stacking” applications around renovation or “stretching” applications in dormancy. Once the application entry is saved that’s locked away you cannot access this to alter it. Entries with a note have and eye symbol to represent this, touch this to view.
You can’t randomly apply or duplicate product a application on the plan as the point is to manage your program as it is set to follow. You can only apply the number of applications recommended for a product in that 12-month segment of plan. Due to localised factors that may influence, like rain events, inconsistencies in weather patterns even just accuracy of the data supplied we may need to amend forecasting in unusual circumstances. We have built in flexibility to tune your plan plus we can add an application if needed on the timeline if needed, we can maximise the accuracy of your plan going forward, based on your feedback.
Curative measures like pesticides are only used as required, their applications are stacked according to their labelled annual recommended usages in the opening weeks of the year and can be applied at any date.
Superintendent is designed as a dynamic tool and relies on communication, simply email us your queries and we will have a look at your plan and support you. Being a subscriber your service is prioritised. We’ll securely open up your plan our end assess your progress, dates and comments make alterations and recommendations. This 12 month service is included in your plan purchase, by the time re-subscription is due your plan will be tuned and you’ll have more access and independence with your timeline.
We will be including in the future, provisions for to you including curative applications for your own records which will allow you to enter your own applications. Expect PGR Tracking and notifications in future updates as Superintendent develops with your support.
General points to remember with lawn care and products.
- Always follow the product labels and rates, we have built Superintendent with you in mind. Links to products information are below your timeline for direct access so information is at your fingertips. Please follow labels and recommendations, know your sprayer calibration.
- Use highest allowed rates of herbicide, fungicide and insecticide pesticides to target your issue, weaker or poorly applied product can result in an unsuccessful treatment which may lead to a partial kill and a premature pesticide resistance.
- Try to avoid foliar spray applications above 28˚C, above these temperatures the plants stomata or pores start closing, so there is little or no effect from the product and you run high risk of burning the plant, wait till the evening or a cooler day.
- Regulate fertilising rates and awareness to do this according to growth and seasons is very important, your lawn growing is only capable of certain levels of nutrients, over application can result in unnatural or unhealthy growth that will only result in more management from you. Likewise, on cooler conditions fertiliser is far less volatile and will remain in your soil far longer than it will in the warmer seasons. This is something you will learn to manage over time, hence being able to record your applications.
- During warm season lawn dormancy (even cool season varieties at times) with cold soil temps, limit granular fertilisation or suspend it, your lawns root system has all but shut down leading to surplus nitrogen and nutrients in your soil. With possible water logging this provides the perfect environment to breed pathogens leading to disease at the time but also when conditions warm in spring. Plus development of algae and other issues making an unsightly lawn. You can’t repair it when it’s not growing.
- When using granular and liquid fertilisers in conjunction consider reducing rates of either or both to avoid over fertilisation and excessive growth and maintenance. With instances of repair while it is growing, it might be ok. If its healthy and looking great its tempting to over fertilise. Don’t be afraid to go 2/3 or ¾ rates of both or either, you can turn a great lawn to a stemmy mess needing maintenance very quickly. Your lawn is looking great because it is happy with what it has currently available, it’s okay to run or “stretch” one of the fertilisers out a week or so. There’s now a culture because of our love for our lawn and lack of knowledge causing over fertilisation, consider channeling it into the soil health and amendments. Kelpro, Umx Liquid, soil wetters like Hydrolink and inoculates is where your love flows, you’ll get maximum benefit from the fertiliser applied, producing a stronger, healthier lawn with sustained lush growth.
- Remember many of our fertilisers have Iron (Fe), careless application may stain surrounding areas, be prepared to sweep granules or wash liquids off these surfaces.
- ALWAYS respect these products, USE recommended safety precautions. You are someone’s son, daughter, husband, wife, mum or dad. Some of this stuff can be dangerous, please be safe and responsible.
- If there is any doubt ask, it’s part of our service.