Spartan Herbicide is a pre-emergent herbicide that can be used as an effective tool to help Turf Managers control annual weeds (Summer & Winter).
Spartan Herbicide selectivity is primarily through soil profile placement. Small-seeded plants take up greater amounts of the herbicide as they germinate in the soil profile zone of herbicide placement. Warm Season grasses can be less prone to root inhibition due to the fact they have a multiple fibrous root system, hence good even coverage and incorporation is required to ensure the weeds cannot recover by establishing roots outside the zone of herbicide activity.
Application should be prior to germination of the weeds.
Poison Schedule – Non Scheduled (Unscheduled)
Features and Benefits
- Effective against all major annual grass weeds in turf during summer and winter
- Season-long control of annual weeds
- Reduces future weed set and germination
- Reduces the reliance on costly selective post-emergent herbicides
- Unscheduled (exempt from poison scheduling)
- Low odour formulation
- Minimises nutrient and sunlight competition from annual grasses
- Application compatibility with wetting agents
- Economical solution for your main annual weed problems including African Lovegrass, Parramatta Grass, Summer Grass, Crab Grass, Crowsfoot Grass and Winter Grass
- Flexibility to delay wash-in for a few days if necessary