Monopoly Herbicide is a post emergent herbicide containing 720g/L of the active ingredient MSMA. It is registered for the selective control of Crabgrass, Summergrass and Paspalum in turfgrass situations and control a range of problem grasses and burrs in non-crop situations.
Key features of Monopoly Herbicide
- Fast acting herbicide – Symptoms of weed control are generally evident within 7 days of application
- Formulation contains an In-built surfactant to assist in weed control
- Cost effective form of grass weed control
- Good tank mix flexibility
- Now available in 10L pack sizes for ease of handling
drumMuster compliant, meaning ease of disposal
Mode of action of Monopoly Herbicide
MSMA is a foliar absorbed herbicide. It accumulates in root and leaf tips, where it rapidly kills leaf and stem tissue. MSMA has multiple sites of action within the plant (Group Z herbicide), however it is thought to impact on weed growth by interfering with ATP production (energy storage) and cell division (growth process). MSMA is typically more effective on grass weeds than broadleaf weeds.
MSMA is generally rainfast within 3 hours of application and has partially systemic properties which allow it to move through the plant. Susceptible weeds generally turn yellow to brown 3-7 days after MSMA application.